The Rhode Island School Counselors Association (RISCA) works for the promotion, improvement and expansion of school counseling in Rhode Island. Membership in RISCA is open to all active and retired K-12 school counselors, graduate students in the field of counselor education, college admissions representatives, counselor educators, and advocates of the field of school counseling. We encourage all school counselors in the state to become members of their professional organization.
Why Join RISCA?
· Keep up-to-date about various state and federal mandates.
· Have a public voice to advocate in the best interests of school counselors at statewide and national level meetings.
· Receive regular newsletters keeping you informed about the most current and the important educational issues.
· Receive electronic updates about critical issues in school counseling.
· Access to professional development and free resources via our website.
· Participate in networking events that allow you to meet and converse with peers.
· The opportunity to attend a fall and spring conference each year.
· Opportunities to present and view school counseling best practices.
· Preparation to best meet the academic, career readiness and personal/social needs of ALL students!!!
If unable to pay on-line or in need a copy of the RISCA Membership Form for district reimbursement purposes, click here.